Sample Edit of Chapter One:
- For all authors. The sample edit helps me determine your unique editing needs and allows you to see my work. I must do a sample edit in order to give an accurate quote for copyediting or substantive editing. Should you choose me to work with you on your project, the $20 fee will be deducted on the first invoice.
- An in-depth critique of your first chapter (up to 15 pages), including copyediting of the first two pages, and if indicated, a suggestion for the writing coach/mentoring program.
- For authors who need a professional set of eyes in order to meet deadlines.
- After an editor has completed the necessary editing for your manuscript and you have implemented the changes, then you need proofreading. It is the lightest type of editing, eliminating any remaining errors before a manuscript is sent to an agent or publisher.
- For writers who have a structurally sound manuscript or for an author who has had an agent or publishing house tell them they want to see the manuscript "after it's cleaned up."
- A thorough edit that ensures correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, clarity, word choices, and flow, copyediting polishes a manuscript that is already structurally quite sound (though it may involve some light substantive editing). Copyediting is also called line editing.
- For unpublished writers who lack basic self-editing skills and are struggling to perfect their manuscripts.They may be finalists in writing contests or have had requests from agents or publishers for partial or full manuscripts, or they may be getting ready to pitch their book to a publisher or agent.
- Nonfiction: Presenting your content in a logical, engaging fashion, and helping to strengthen story-telling technique to make your manuscript fresh, timely, and professional. Commentary, suggestions, and recommendations will be made.
- Fiction: More in-depth than copyediting, involves reordering sentences and paragraphs for better flow, improving scene structure, tightening plot, and deepening characterization. A substantive edit will specifically address: hook, character development, dialogue, plot, subplot(s), theme, voice, point of view, setting, the five senses, passive writing, showing vs. telling, climax, and other elements.
Free Sample Edit:
Write Pathway Editorial Services offers a free, three-page sample edit to help you decide whether we are the right editor for you. This also allows us to see a sample of your work in order to determine what type of editing your manuscript requires.
To receive your free sample edit, please submit your three pages in this format: double-spaced, Times New Roman font, size 12 , with 1" margins on all sides of the page We prefer that your manuscript be in a word processing document like Microsoft Word. Please send it as an e-mail attachment.
Type "Free Sample Edit" in the subject line.
In your e-mail, introduce yourself and tell us how you learned about us--did you find us through a web search or did a friend/colleague tell you about us. please state that you are requesting a free, three-page edit of the attached document. Tell how many words are in your complete manuscript and the type of manuscript--- fiction or nonfiction and genre.
We usually return the sample edit within forty-eight hours.
We have a stellar reputation of being fair and honest. That's why we tell you up front that there are some types of projects we do not undertake for personal reasons.
Also, please note that we do not edit erotica.
If you have questions or comments about any of our services, please e-mail us.
Payments must be made in advance by PayPal or cashier's check. Work will begin on your project when payment clears. Payment plans are available upon request.
Check this site frequently for our editing specials.
*This edit does not include a final proofreading. After you have implemented the recommended changes, and are ready to submit to an editor or publisher, you should request a final proofread. If I have edited your project, the proofreading fee will be offered at a discount.
We do not issue refunds. If, for any reason, you are not happy with our services, please contact us to discuss a solution.